Airservices collects noise and operational data from a noise monitor located in Jerrabomberra, to the south of Canberra Airport.
Noise monitoring is conducted to:
- determine the contribution of aircraft noise to the overall noise that a community is exposed to
- provide information to the community about aircraft noise and operations
- help local authorities make informed land use decisions
- inform estimates of the impact of changes to air traffic control procedures
- validate noise modelling
- inform the determination of aircraft noise policy by government and assist in the implementation of legislation.
More information is available in the Monitoring Aircraft Noise fact sheet.
Access noise monitoring information for each quarter below.